Friday 18 March 2011

Tattoo inspiration search leads to new hobby!




As is normal for me on a Friday afternoon (when you're encased behind a shop window while the sun is beaming down outside) my thoughts began to stray to my next tattoo. Whilst searching for some great graphics of old sewing machines I came across some wonderful vintage postcards and couldn't resist having a closer look. I've always loved imagery from the past and I love these examples I found. I almost ignored the lemon one but I couldn't help giggling at the sentence "Soft ones a speciality".
This postcard depicting Puck on a windowsill is very cute and silly. It's my guess that the artist has decided on the imagery purely because the only thing they could think of that rhymed with elf was shelf.
This is my particlar favourite as it incorporates my two favourite things, fairies & oak leaves! And of course I must be patriotic to my home country.

After all that I think I'm going to have to start collecting old postcards....they're just too adorable!
Right, enough of my Friday afternoon frippery! Have a lovely weekend and don't forget to pop into our lovely shop tomorrow to have a good hunt through our vintage treasures!
Loll
x








No comments:

Post a Comment