Thursday 20 October 2011

Sun, sand, cream teas and bargain hunting!




  



This week we've been having a lovely well deserved holiday in the beautiful Cornish town of St Ives. We.ve had a great break so far, enjoyed walks on the beach, a boat ride to see the seals, a Segway tour as well as a bit of obligatory mooching through the little seaside shops.



As always I haven't been able to resist hunting out a few second hand bargains. My first purchase was from a lovely little vintage interior shop where we picked up a 1930s Rolleicord camera which we've been assured still works. I was up for a challenge so got myself a new 120 film and decided to give it a go...watch this space for the results when we get the film developed!

Since then I managed to find some little bargains such as this Autumn (my favourite season) Ladybird book, some cream handknitted fingerless gloves for just 75p and a selection of vintage St Ives postcards from the 20s and 30s for £1 each. My favourite one is this very apt Halloween style postcard covered in cartoon ghoulies!


Today's lucky find was a second hand book on Cornish Shipwrecks which feature some disasters which occurred along this coast and in St Ives itself. All week I've been admiring the souvenir posters which cost £5 each and show drawings and dates of the boats that have been shipwrecked on this coastline. Then I happily saw this book in a charity shop window for just £1.50 and had to have it! I'm looking forward to giving this a read and learning a bit more about the history of St Ives.

Unfortunately have found no new goodies for the shop but there's still time!


Bye for now! Next blog will be the as promised list of my fave blogs at the moment.

Loll
x

1 comment:

  1. Hey Lol! Great blog! Its Caddy in my blog disguise! I am so jealous of your holiday, Cornwall is gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete