Saturday 8 October 2011

Bargain finds at The Worcester Flea!






Last weekend was our third WAVE Worcester Flea and it was a beautiful warm sunny day! We had some lovely customers who enjoyed our £1 bargain bins full of brass bits & bobs and some old tobacco tins. I myself was very good this time and restricted myself to items that were £5 or less and I'm pretty proud of what I found. My first purchase was this gorgeous 1920s leather playing card set containing two sets of miniature cards and two original booklets on patience games. The leather is lovely and soft and as always I couldn't resists a bit of tan leather! It was a bargain at just £3.50.

My next purchase off the same stall was this set of three lovely mother of pearl buttons with metal backs. These will be a lovely addition to my ever increasing button collection and at £1.50 I couldn't go wrong!





As the flea was growing to a close I did a final sweep and picked up this beautiful french style gilt & pink clock from the lovely ladies at the Bringsty stall. It doesn't work and isn't really fixable but it's so pretty and at £2 I can't complain!

My final purchase was this fab round enamel white & blue baking tin from the lovely Keri at Still Lovely. Now the nights are drawing in and the weather's turning that little bit chilly I thought this would be perfect to make some good old fashioned crumbles and pies to keep us toasty warm this winter. For just £2 it'll look gorgeous in my kitchen and will be really useful too...bargain!!

All in all I'm super chuffed with my purchases and a lovely day was had by all!

Hope to see you all next time on Sunday 6th November so you can pick up your own bargains.

Loll
x


PS - check out our next post coming soon where I will be listing some of my favourite blogs on everything from thrifting to fashion hints & tips.

1 comment:

  1. ******PLEASE CHECK MY BLOG, SWAP PARTNERS ANNOUNCED*****

    Hi, thanks for signing up to the swap. Looks like you had a very successful day at the flea market - one of my favourite ways to spend the day!

    ReplyDelete