Friday 11 May 2012

Bank Holiday Treasures!


Hello!

This weekend we (well I say we but it was I really as Tom was living it up in Hamburg on a stag do) had fun and frolics at The Worcester Flea on Sunday and then got all dolled up in our 40s finery for the VE Memories event at The Commandery on bank holiday Monday. Great fun was had by all and as usual some treasures were purchased by moi!


Here's me in my fantastic 40s style green shoes and silk dress together with the must have headscarf turban.

40s makeover supremo, our very own WAVEster Jo adding finishing touches to her makeover of Jo. 




Here are some of my newly acquired old treasures....


Stunning Art Deco wind up mantle clock.


Gold tone flower brooch now adorning my faux fur coat. 




Beautiful upcycled cabinet decorated with  an old picture of birds. 

Favourite charity shop find of leaf Wedgwood plates for just 20p each! And I couldn't resist this lovely tan leather wallet from Julie Thomas's stall at The Flea. 



I love this little vintage souvenir from Weston Super Mare. It's a mother of pearl purse with a sectioned interior which was probably used for carrying stamps or tickets. It's in lovely condition and was the stallholder's mum's so has a bit of a story. Couldn't say no for just £4!

I had to have this hedgehog pin from a local charity shop for just £1 and I fell in love with this Celtic amber coloured brooch from The Worcester Flea. One day I will have some padded display frames on my bedroom wall for all my lovely vintage brooches, just like Dita Von Teese. 




Ta ta for now!


Loll
x

No comments:

Post a Comment