Thursday 3 November 2011

WAVE spookiness!




On Saturday WAVE was back with a bang with our annual Halloween Vintage & Craft Fair. We had a great selection of stallholders from seasoned regulars to a few new faces.




Here's Julie from Charmed I'm Sure who got into the Halloween spirit and brought along some wonderful vintage goodies and handmade gifts.  






Here I am in my attempt at a Halloween vintage style. I love my orange tights that I found on eBay by Pretty Polly, I can't believe someone bought them and never wore them!





This lovely lady agreed to have her photo taken after she bought and wore these amazing original 70s rock'n'roll skintight trousers from our stall.  




As it was Halloween we wanted to award those that made the best effort with their costumes and the lovely ladies from G&G Vintage won the prize. Here is the witch and her witch's cat proudly accepting their pumpkin sweetie goodie bags as their prize.



As usual I kept my eye out for some bargains and managed to pick up some goodies for myself.




First up was this lovely reworked dress by Dirty Pretty. It was a tough choice between two designs but I opted for this lovely blue knit one and am looking forward to wearing it this winter with a nice white long sleeve tee underneath.




One of my favourite regular stalls is that of Angela Carstairs. She has a lovely eclectic mix of old books & handknitted accessories and I managed to pick up this beautiful children's book by Robert Louis Stevenson, which is filled with great illustrations, together with a handmade badge of a map of St Ives. Bargain at just £2 for the book and 50p for the badge. These super cute acorn buttons were found at the bottom of a tub full of vintage buttons on the stall of the lovely Marie Underwood. They will make a welcome addition to my ever expanding button collection.

Below are some of the beautiful illustrations from the book. My fave has got to be the one with all the fairies!








Hope to see you all at the next WAVE Vintage & Craft Fair on Friday 16th December for some Christmas celebrations!

Loll
xx

No comments:

Post a Comment